One of the vital roles of owning your business is taking care of your business’s commercial fire extinguishers. Read on to learn more about caring for your business’s commercial fire extinguishers.
Negative Outcomes of Minimum Maintenance
Commercial fire extinguishers are a crucial element of building safety. You can be in peace knowing you have the right equipment to take out a potential fire. Moreover, the first step to fire extinguisher safety is ensuring your work building has them. Secondly, you must ensure they are maintained routinely.
Unfortunately, you risk everyone’s safety if your fire extinguishers don’t function properly. From managing your business to ensuring the safety of everyone surrounding the space, your primary priority is maintaining all the occupants safe. This is why you must have your commercial fire extinguishers inspected regularly. In addition, you’ll comply with local ordinances and other laws.
Caring for Your Business’s Commercial Fire Extinguishers
Moreover, here is a list of several practices to perform to care for your commercial fire extinguishers:
- Carefully examine all your fire extinguishers every month. Check for any apparent damages and determine the tamper seal and pin have not been moved.
- Make sure your fire extinguishers are labeled and not hidden. This practice helps your staff and customers quickly get to the fire extinguisher in case of an emergency.
- Also, confirm your business’s commercial fire extinguishers are professionally worked on every year. Local regulations will establish the details on this.
- In addition, ensure that everyone involved with your business knows how to handle the fire extinguishers. You should also conduct refresher courses for your workers.
- Lastly, maintain records of all the fire safety inspections, especially the fire extinguisher maintenance inspections. Speak with a Judd Fire Protection Expert Today!
Contact a Fire Protection Company for Your Safety Needs!
Ultimately, consult a commercial fire protection company for assistance to ensure your fire extinguishers are functioning well. They are an essential element to keep nearby to prevent minor and containable fires from getting out of control. Generally, an annual inspection is recommended, and Judd Fire Protection can refill your existing fire extinguishers when necessary. They can also complete the recommended or required repair on the same day as the inspection.
Commercial and Residential Fire Prevention from Judd Fire Protection
If you want to ensure your home and business are safe throughout the year, trust Judd Fire Protection, LLC. We have over two decades of experience designing, installing, inspecting, and repairing residential and commercial fire protection systems. We serve clients throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. If you are interested in finding out more about our services and protecting your home and business, give us a call at 410-871-3480