Fire safety training isn’t just a perk to offer to your employees. In reality, fire safety training is a vital part of protecting your business, your customers, and yourself. Fire safety training pays off every day, but some employers forget its importance since the only sign it’s working is a lack of fires! What is the actual value of fire safety training for your business?
Who Needs Fire Safety Training?
Every workplace can benefit from fire safety training. A single fire could cost your company hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages when you consider property damage, employee injuries, and the significant cost of downtime. Whether you own or operate a restaurant or an office building, fire safety training could make your commercial property a much safer place to be.
Fire Safety Training Is Effective
The most pressing question that many companies have when considering the implementation of fire safety training is whether or not it will make any difference. The good news is that it does! For your consideration, think about the following facts:
- OSHA has estimated that companies with effective safety training programs receive, on average, reductions in 20% for their injury and illness insurance policies.
- Most companies that invest in fire safety training see several dollars worth of return on investment for each dollar they spent.
- ¼ of pre-tax corporate profits are consumed as a result of workplace injuries, many of which occur as a result of fires.
- The indirect costs of injuries and fires can be up to 20 times higher than the direct costs. Indirect costs can be any variety of things including the required training, paying for replacement workers, repairing property damage, conducting accident investigations and doing work to prevent the same thing from occurring in the future, and lost business.
- Fire safety training is a proven factor in reducing your business’s Workplace Modification Factor, which is a determining part of what insurance rate your business will be offered for any policy.
Commercial and Residential Fire Prevention from Judd Fire Protection
If you want to ensure your home and business are safe throughout the year, trust Judd Fire Protection, LLC. We have over two decades of experience with design, installation, service, and inspection of residential and commercial fire protection systems. We service clients throughout the Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. If you are interested in finding out more about our services and protecting your home and business, give us a call at 410-871-3480 or contact us online. For more fire safety tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.