The potential source of fire in your type of industry will determine the best fire protection for your safety needs. It is also necessary to understand the primary cause to protect yourself and your employees in an emergency. So, it’s vital to research the best fire protection for your business.
Commercial kitchens are most likely to have fires. Moreover, cooking equipment such as ranges, ovens, barbecues, deep fryers, and grills provoke the majority of all restaurant flames. In addition, other main fire causes in the restaurant industry include:
- Heating equipment
- Electrical and lighting equipment
- Smoking items
Fortunately, Judd Fire Protection provides commercial fire protection services to defend against all types of flames in commercial kitchens.
Furthermore, cooking equipment is also the primary cause of fires in office buildings. Other leading causes of fires in office properties include:
- Office, electronic, and entertainment equipment
- Smoking products
- Heating equipment
- And electrical/lighting items
In addition, flammable materials are a significant reason flames spread everywhere in office buildings. As soon as the fire begins, it uses these combustible materials to become more prominent. This is why proper disposal of materials and appropriate storage is a crucial aspect of your fire protection plan.
Warehouse Factories and Manufacturing Plants
Moreover, fires in industrial environments are the priciest in property damage and loss of life. The most leading common fire risks in industrial settings include:
- Flammable dust quickly catches on fire if there’s a spark. Also, the flames can rapidly spread if sufficient dust has gathered on the factory floor.
- Combustible gases and liquids can provoke explosions if they directly contact a heat source.
- In addition, hot work can release sparks and molten material into the atmosphere. This is a common cause for flammable liquid or combustible dust to catch fire.
- Electrical wiring that is not accurately installed can provoke a spark and create a source of flammable liquids and combustible dust.
- Lastly, heavy equipment can be hazardous if moving parts produce too much friction and heat.
Lastly, refineries, airports, and other mission-critical environments experience constant fire threats due to their open floor areas and the presence of flammable liquids. Because of their sensitive machinery and high-risk settings, mission-critical businesses need clean agent suppression systems. These agents function to quickly capture and remove the fire source without water and minimize damage.
Commercial and Residential Fire Prevention from Judd Fire Protection
If you want to ensure your home and business are safe throughout the year, trust Judd Fire Protection, LLC. We have over two decades of experience designing, installing, inspecting, and repairing residential and commercial fire protection systems. We serve clients throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. If you are interested in finding out more about our services and protecting your home and business, give us a call at 410-871-3480