Fire hazards can present within your business, mainly if you operate a restaurant. You also want to ensure your patrons and employees are safe at your restaurant daily. Here are some helpful restaurant fire safety tips for the summer.
Interior Restaurant Fire Safety
From ensuring the cooking equipment is fire-safe to inspecting your fire protection procedures, restaurant fire safety comes in many forms. In addition, there are many ways you can make your restaurant fire safe as they relate to indoor dining:
- A dirty and greasy hood and duct system is a significant fire hazard, and a professional should constantly clean this kitchen appliance. This type of restaurant fire safety service is imperative to maintain fire safety.
- Also, your kitchen is your most fire-prone spot, so make sure to install and maintain kitchen fire suppression systems properly.
- Fire doors provide fire safety protection and offer access to exit any building during a fire. They are also required by law, so ensure your fire doors comply with local and state regulations.
- Make sure your customers and employees can find their way out of your restaurant with adequate fire safety signage in place.
- It’s imperative that the fire exits around your restaurant are clear and noticeable at all times. Instant egress access is crucial in case of a fire in your restaurant.
Outdoor Dining Fire Protection
With summer currently going on, your restaurant might provide outdoor dining options for your guests. Here are some outdoor dining fire safety aspects to keep your customers and employees safe:
- It’s essential to ensure your outdoor dining environment is easily accessible for anyone to walk around the outdoor patio.
- Your restaurant might have space heaters placed outside around the seating areas of your patio. So, determine you have the cords properly situated to prevent a tripping hazard. You should also consider how close the CO2 detectors are to the space heaters to avoid a fire or burn risk.
- It’s not only essential to have fire extinguishers inside the restaurant, but fire safety products should be within reach of any outdoor dining fires that might occur and must be put out by a fire extinguisher.
Overall, keep your establishment and its occupants safe with these restaurant fire safety tips and other emergencies!
Commercial and Residential Fire Prevention from Judd Fire Protection
If you want to ensure your home and business are safe throughout the year, trust Judd Fire Protection, LLC. We have over two decades of experience designing, installing, inspecting, and repairing residential and commercial fire protection systems. We serve clients throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. If you are interested in finding out more about our services and protecting your home and business, give us a call at 410-871-3480.