If you’re a business owner in Maryland, you need to include fire safety and fire prevention in your daily activities. You want your business to be safe and prepared from fires. This is important because you must protect your property and others and obey local laws and regulations. As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to be aware of the signs that your fire sprinkler system is working correctly.
How Do You Know Your Sprinklers Are Not Working?
So, how do you know your fire sprinklers are not functioning? If you observe any of the following warnings, you need to resolve this major problem to ensure your structure in Maryland is safe from fire.
- Your fire alarm system alerts the fire sprinklers aren’t working.
- There is damage to the fire sprinkler system.
- Your fire sprinkler system is malfunctioning.
What Are the Risks of Not Doing Maintenance?
Moreover, if you don’t ensure your fire sprinklers are working adequately, the results can be dangerous. Examples of devastating scenarios include:
- Safety problems
- Quick-moving fire
- Large-scale property damage in the case of a fire
- Injury or death can happen to people in the building
- Extensive damage to the surrounding properties as well as injuries/loss of life to persons
An excellent way to avoid the following scenarios is to ensure your fire sprinklers are performing well.
How Do You Know Your Sprinklers Are Functioning?
There are six solid ways to make sure your fire sprinkler system is performing.
- Have your fire sprinkler system examined by a professional periodically. Besides being a good practice, these fire sprinkler inspections are frequently required by local laws.
- Complete routine maintenance on your fire sprinklers with the assistance of a fire protection specialist, such as Judd Fire Protection.
- Maintain 18 inches of clearance below the sprinkler heads and ensure the area around the sprinkler heads is clear.
- To create the best results, you may need a unique style of fire sprinkler based on your type of business.
- Always maintain a list of your fire sprinkler inspections so you know when was the last time and when it is time for the following review.
Judd Fire Protection has you covered from installation to inspection to routine maintenance in Maryland!
Commercial and Residential Fire Prevention from Judd Fire Protection
If you want to ensure your home and business are safe throughout the year, trust Judd Fire Protection, LLC. We have over two decades of experience designing, installing, inspecting, and repairing residential and commercial fire protection systems. We serve clients throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. If you are interested in finding out more about our services and protecting your home and business, give us a call at 410-871-3480